For now I'll leave you with the following:
- Despite the wicked storms the last few days, the farm is still standing... although a little muddier in some places than others.
- The chickens are doing beautifully! Turns out that Hawk was a rooster and he now is ruling his own roost at a friend's farm nearby. The remaining girls are laying consistently about a dozen and a half eggs per day. So if you're in search of quality raised farm fresh eggs, just let me know!
- We're still working on getting a couple horses in for boarding. The interior paddock paradise fencing is up and running and I've almost completed 1 of the 2 hay trees I intend to make.
- We're getting a cow!! Well, half of one anyway. "Stewie" should make his appearance at SVF in the next week or so. He will be co-owned by Jennifer Shimp of iTolt Training Center and be boarded at SVF for the remainder of the year, living on the wonderful grass pasture.
- The Shindig is open! We had a very small opening party for St. Patrick's Day (belated as it was held that Saturday) but it was officially opened. It is also available for small party/gathering rentals.
- The garden has been started. We lost a round of radishes to a hard freeze, but the peas and spinach are starting to come up and we've planted some broccoli, cauliflower and 2 different types of cabbage. Plans include putting in 2 raised beds around the back patio for herbs and such so they'll be close to the kitchen as needed.
Until then... if you're in the Dayton area, please check out Playhouse South's presentation of "A Piece of My Heart" -- I'm in it!! http://www.playhousesouth.org/