- Fencing: The big house-side pasture is almost ready to have the electro-braid strung! I think there are 3 or 4 posts that need to go in the ground that didn't go earlier as we didn't really realize they were in quite as bad shape as they were. 2 of those are the corner and brace posts for the corner next to the yard so that will have to be braced as well.
- Barn: we finished cleaning out 2/3rds of the barn on Saturday! WOW it looks so much better all cleaned out. The concrete side is done and will eventually house 2 stalls. The middle portion is done and nicely swept. We even did the loft over the concrete... cleaned out all the junk, and organized what is left up there. In the process, everyone had some fun finding the "buried treasures" -- a new in box frost proof water faucet was probably the best find, but there were others: 9' shade canopy in the box, a foosball table (in several boxes), 50 mile electric fence charger, various tools, couple foal/mini halters, some Army gear including a package of beef stew MRE! Made the dust and cleaning fun.
|Before - looking down from the loft|
- Electric: Attic and 2nd floor are DONE!! It looks SO much better! Attic is now ready for insulation, though it was funny -- due to the status of the furnace, we ran kerosene heaters this weekend and once the attic access was closed, the 2nd floor REALLY stayed warm even after the heater on that floor was off for over 30 minutes. A couple items left on the first floor and the basement. Then it will be out to the barn.
- Furnace: No real smoking issues anymore but still some odor. Had a
repairman out and after removing the exhaust, turns out the chimney
needs cleaned out and probably inspected before he can service the
furnace. So we're currently heating with kerosene heaters until the
furnace gets fixed.
- Flooring: Purchased 4" unfinished utility grade red oak for the
living room and den and I think it's going to look FANTASTIC when
finished. Should be installed this week (after the phone call I just
had) but to finish it, I need heat. So the rest will be on hold.
Thinking I might just put regular carpet down in the bedrooms afterall,
after looking at the flooring once I finished scraping and sweeping in
the master bedroom. Need to price it out and see.
- Walls: Have the first floor scraped and some of the spackling done. The stairwell is done to the point that I need a ladder to finish. The Master bedroom is also ready for spackle. Still need to do some scraping in the 2nd bedroom and landing, mostly up high.
- Paint: Need to finish picking out colors. I know what I want the kitchen to look like but not sure what colors that will entail using. Have colors picked out for the den, living room, bathroom and stairs/landing. I *think* I know what I want in the master, but not 100% sure. No idea what to do in the 2nd bedroom.
In other news, I bought my first "toy" for the farm! A 4x2 gas gator with hydrolic dump bed, extra chain tires, wench and plow blade! I LOVE it and it's already really come in handy.