Thursday, September 1, 2011

End of Summer?

Not with the heat that just came back!  Thankfully it's only supposed to last a few days.  Of course Saturday is supposed to be a bit on the warm side.  We'll be at Greenstone Stables for the DLSC Hunter Show.  I'm showing a 6yo appaloosa gelding named Spot.  Spot is owned by Jennifer Shimp of iTolt Training Center and has been in training with Jen and Anita Mays.  He's a LOT of fun.  With any luck, we'll have a good outting (the Baby Hunter Division) this time... then we'll think about the Stillwater Pony Club DLSC Hunter show on the 17th and possibly the Backyard Horse Trials at Rocky Point Farm in Springfield on the 25th.  Will post pictures when I get them.

Amongst all the horse shows, we'll be at the Great Miami River Days festival in Hamilton, Ohio on Sunday, September 11th.  This spring I was in a play called "A Piece of My Heart".  The show is about 6 women in Vietnam.  This special performance reunites 6 of the 7 original cast members from this spring.  We're performing at approximately 4pm and our backdrop is the Travelling Wall (talk about intense!!).  Just a side-note brag -- the show won 14 DayTony awards this year.  It's a great show, if I do say so myself.  Did I mention it's free? :)  Hope you can make it if you haven't seen the show.  It's intense but amazing.

One last note... This morning was a bit rough... an almost escapee cow and 4 escapee turkeys after waking up late!  At least the turkey escapees were fairly easy to catch.  Catching them though made me realize how big they're getting!  And makes me wonder how big they're going to end up.  Don't forget to reserve your own farm raised holiday turkey ASAP before they're all spoken for!




No comments:

Post a Comment