Some of the changes from the June show include:
- Change to jumper classes. Due to the response in June, we've changed from 2 jumper classes per level to 1 class per level starting at Green as Grass. Also, except for the Green as Grass level which will remain as an optimum time class, all jumper classes will be run under Table IIB (a clean initial run means you get to do a shortened jumpoff round). All jumper classes will run a different track than the CT jumper rounds.
- Addition of Jumper Schooling Rounds. Due to requests, we've added the option to add a schooling jumper round (or rounds). All jumper classes and all jumping portion of CTs will be allowed to be added as a schooling round. Schooling rounds are $10 each and will not be judged or placed in the class. If a rider is entered in a class at the level they add a schooling round, they MUST ride their judged round(s) before they ride their schooling round(s).
- Change to refund policy. Our previous policy was stated as "no refunds." The new policy is as follows: "Withdrawals prior to posted closing date for the divisions in question will be refunded, minus office fee. Refunds for withdrawals after the closing date will only be given (minus office fee) if the space can be filled from a wait list or late entry. Refunds for stabling fees will only be given if stalls are cancelled at least 2 days prior to the show. In the event the show is cancelled due to extreme weather, no refunds will be issued."
- Addition of CT classes. To give local riders who may be competing in one of the 3-Day divisions at MSEDA the weekend following the show the opportunity to practice, we've added Training 3-Day, Preliminary 3-Day and CCI* CT classes. These CT divisions (in fact all CT divisions) will use the dressage tests that riders will see at MSEDA. Riders do NOT have to be entered at MSEDA to enter one of the 3-day CT classes. They are open to anyone wishing to enter.
- Change to CT Entry requirements. Previously we offered a $60 entry fee for 2 consecutive CT divisions (ie: Novice CT and Training CT). We are still offering the $60 price for 2 CTs but have opened up the restriction to encompass 2 consecutive LEVELS. This means that a rider may enter the Training CT (Class 27 - a 3'3" level class) and still do the CCI* CT (class 32 - a 3'6" level class) for the $60 entry fee. Additional classes or classes outside the "consecutive levels" requirement may be added but will be need to be ridden HC.
- Participation in the Kristen Distl Fundraiser. Some very generous local riders are holding a fundraiser to help with medical expenses for Kristen Distl, a local eventer who was paralyzed in a riding accident in December 2012. There will be a silent auction (held online, ending Friday, October 11th at noon), a raffle held during the show and a dinner following the show. In addition, a portion of our CT entries will be going to the fundraiser. More details can be found online at Kristen Distl Fundraiser on Facebook. There you can find a complete listing of the auction and raffle items. Even if you can't attend the show, you can bid on auction items or buy raffle tickets prior to the show. In addition, I believe they have an account set up at Wright-Patt Credit Union for donations. Serenity Valley Farm Horse Show is extremely proud and honored to be part of this special fundraiser.