- New Class: Due to requests from the community, we've added a new Test of Choice class. A rider may enter this class as many times as they wish and ride any test at any level not already being offered. Tests may include regular dressage tests, eventing dressage tests or even western dressage! Please note that like the Prix Caprilli classes, the Test of Choice class does not count towards DLSC year end awards. Class may be divided as necessary and will be judged as a Percentage class.
- Judges: The judges for this show will be Emily Abbate (FL) and Emily Hansen-Palmus (OH).
- Change to Gambler's Choice: We are making a change to how the Gambler's Choice classes run to be more in line with the USEF rules. When ready, the judge will blow the whistle. Riders must cross the start line, in either direction, for their time to begin. They will have 60 seconds to jump any fence they wish. Refusals only count for time. Knock downs will not give riders the fence points. Fences may only be jumped twice. At the 60 second mark, the judge will blow the whistle and riders MUST cross the finish line (in either direction). Should we have a tie in points, it will be the time taken to the finish line that will determine the tie-breaker (fastest time wins). AFTER crossing the finish line, the rider will have the option of jumping the fence marked as the Joker. Successfully jumping the Joker (no refusal or knockdown) will add 200 points to a rider's score. Failure to jump the Joker will remove 200 points from a rider's score. If you have any questions on this class, please ask. Remember, this is a Payback class as long as there are at least 5 riders!
- Food: Food will be provided by The Junction (from Miamisburg). I don't yet have an idea of their menu, but I will post it here as well as on Facebook as soon as I find anything out.
- Cross Country Schooling: While the majority of Twin Towers is open for schooling at any time, the bank and the water complex are by paid permit only. Unfortunately, we are not able to pay the cost of the permits. If you are interested in schooling those complexes, please let us know. We would be happy to have them open for schooling (for a small fee) if we knew we'd have enough interest to cover the cost.
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Wow, the year has started flying by! Shirley has 2 shows under her belt, as well as a new show name. But more on that later. Saturday is opening day for our June 28th show and as such, I figured I would mention a few things about the show. The website has been updated with almost all the latest information. We haven't changed much this year from last year, but there are a few new items.