Monday, November 7, 2011

5 Things - Officially November

Since last monday was still October, this is the first 5 Things for November.  With it being in the 60s again today, it's hard to believe it really is November.

1) Took Spot to the Miami Valley Hunt 2011 Blessing of the Hounds yesterday just outside Yellow Springs.  The weather, while not great for actual hunting, was fantastic for riding.  Spot took everything very well.  Got strong a few times (will probably need a brake adjustment this week for his lesson students) and got antsy at standing around once or twice, but overall, I couldn't be happier with him.  He was wonderful and I think he had a good time.  I know I did.


Spot & I standing around waiting for the actual Blessing to happen.
Next to us is a lovely lady named Nancy on her 20yo appy mare.


Hunting through an open field.  We're on the left in the group closest to the camera.  Not sure why our field master (on the bay tot he far right) or the huntman (on the gray 2nd from right) had us spread out, but we did.

2) No word on the appraisal yet, but it wasn’t expected either.  Farm Credit said it would take 3-4 (business) days to get that information back.  So we should be hearing about it later this week.  All digits crossed, please!

3) Just saw a FANTASTIC video of Suzie and Frankie at the Chattahoochee Hills CCI** a couple weeks ago.  For those who don't know, I used to own Frankie and was the one who sold her to Suzie.  That was almost 6 years ago (next month).  I bought Frankie from the Ohio Thoroughbred Breeders & Owners Mixed Fall Sale in October 2004 at Riverdowns in Cincy.  She was a 4yo mare who no one else bid on.  Only owned her 14 months, but she's a fantastic horse.  Suzie loves her and they've made amazing progress and I love getting the updates from Suzie (plus with her being in Kentucky, it's easy to run into them on occasion).  Wanna watch the video?  It includes both vet jogs, cross country and show jumping.  Suzie & Frankie



4) Turkeys are about ready to process.  If you're on the list to recieve on, please let me know which is more convenient for you to pick up your bird -- this weekend or next.  I have help for processing both weekends, so I'm opening up the option.  I don't have freezer space to store 12 birds long term so please let me know when you can pick them up.
5) And last but not least, a Thing that looks forward.  Tomorrow is voting day.  We all have our preferences and opinions on how things should go.  I know I do.  I'm not going to dwell on them here, but what I do want to say is GO VOTE!  It's your right as a citizen.  Read the issues, look at the positions of the candidates and make a valid, informed choice tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment